Cracking The New Job Market
Forget everything you think you know about landing a well-paid job—the rules have changed forever. The rules for finding professional work once seemed clear and unwavering: capture career highlights in a resume, practice answers to standard interview questions, and do lots of face-to-face networking.
Cracking the New Job Market shows how these rules have changed and delivers new job-hunting strategies that actually work. The key, rather than to emphasize past accomplishments, is to sell your self on the value you can create for an employer. This new approach to getting hired requires new skills.
Job seekers learn how to:
- Gather information on what a prospective employer finds important
- Emphasize those skills, accomplishments, and qualities in tailored resumes and interview answers
- Identify the intersection between personal talents and what the marketplace needs
- Unlock the networking power of social media
- Negotiate the best possible offer Enlightening and practical, this myth-busting book delivers seven powerful rules for landing a great job—even in a difficult economy.